Centre Stage's Performance Dance Company the Centre Stage Sparklers is set each May. We have a Mini Company (grades 2-4th), a Junior Company (grades 5th-7th) and a Senior Company (8th-Senior). One day we may be large enough to require auditions for our company, but as of now company is by invitation only. Every week at class should be considered an audition! Here's a list of requirements to be considered for Sparklers:
- Must have 2 yrs dance minimum dance experience in all genres (tap, ballet, jazz)
- Must be enrolled in ALL technique classes at Centre Stage (Tap, Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary depending on age)
- Extra rehearsals: In addition to accelerated technique in all genres (tap, ballet, jazz, contemporary), we will also rehearse routines to be performed throughout the year in various events. Company will perform an additional dance in our annual recital.
- Commit to community performances such as Mt Vernon Fall Fest, Dancing with Our Stars, various parades, nursing home performances, etc
- Commit to attend ONE dance convention during the year (we typically attend Dupree and have sampled others)
- Commit to purchasing costumes for additional dances as well as a team jacket
- OPTIONAL opportunities to participate in various fundraisers for the team and per individual team members. Parents MUST attend fundraisers with child if they wish to benefit from them.
- OPTIONAL: We one day hope to dance at Disney or on a cruise, open only to company members but not required of all company members.
- Parents - commit to being an awesome dance parent, supporting your dancer in anything they aspire to do! No drama allowed, we are a very easygoing and fun-loving bunch of moms who just want to see our kids succeed and have fun. This may mean you might have to purchase a glue gun, have glitter and bobby pins in your pocket and have definitely have a sense of humor :)